Exclusively available through Meridian Travel in conjunction with Collette
Come to know Japanese culture both ancient and modern. In Tokyo, explore the famous Ginza district, see the Imperial Palace and join a family in their home for a tea ceremony. See Asakusa’s famous Senso-ji, a Buddhist temple dedicated to the Bodhisattva Kannon. Explore the lakeside resort of Hakone. Cruise Lake Ashi. Climb aboard the Kachi Kachi Ropeway and take in epic views of Mt. Fuji. Tour Matsumoto Castle, the “Crow Castle.” Discover Takayama, a town in the Japanese Alps. Sit down at a traditional noodle shop. Marvel at the gassho-zukuri-style homes of Shirakawa. Visit Kanazawa’s Omicho market and the Samurai district. Partake in a gold leaf class. Kyoto is the cultural capital of Japan and a marvel to behold. Explore Kyoto’s Nijo Castle, home of the first Shogun. Take a lesson in the art of stenciling. Board the Shinkansen bullet train to travel to Hiroshima where you’ll visit the Peace Memorial Museum. Finally, sit down to a special farewell dinner in Kyoto that features a Geisha show.
What is the Deal?
13 DAYS FROM TOKYO TO KYOTO | SMALL GROUP TOUR | DEPARTING 15 APRIL 2018
- 23 delicious meals including daily breakfast.
- Accommodation and train travel (land only).
- Explore the famous Ginza district where skyscrapers and neon lights meet high fashion.
- Explore the hot springs and spas of Hakone, on the shores of Lake Ashi.
- Take in magnificent views of Mt Fuji form the Kachi Kachi Ropeway.
- Explore Nijo Castle, home of the first Shogun.
- Stop for sushi lunch in Tokyo’s famous fish market.
This all inclusive LAND ONLY tour is priced from $6,929 pp double; single $8,709.
What you need to know?
- All rates are per person and subject to change
- A deposit of $500 per person is due upon reservation
- Terms and Conditions apply – see brochure for full details