Here is where the dream begins.
Essence of Japan – New for 2017!
Traditional arts, tranquil gardens, colourful pagodas, and ancient shrines are just some of what you’ll experience on Tauck’s comprehensive Japan trip that takes in Tokyo, Hakone, Kanazawa and Kyoto, as well as off-the-beaten-track villages in the countryside.
What is the Deal?
2018 prices from $12,860 – 13 days – departing March – November 2018
- Multiple-night stays in premier hotels in Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa & at a hot springs resort & spa in Hakone
- Small group departures stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto nights 8 – 11
- Tokyo’s Edo-Tokyo Museum, Shinto music, Kagura dancing, taiko drums & sumo wrestling
- In Kyoto, a private home visit with tea ceremony & Origami demonstration, explorations with a local Geisha expert, visits to Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple & Pure Water Temple (Kiyomizu Temple)
- A cruise on Lake Ashi beneath Mt Fuji
- Ceramics, glass-blowing, or flower arranging workshops or a whisky distillery tour in Hakone
- A lesson on sake brewing & a tasting at a local brewery in Takayama
- A guided tour of Kanazawa’s Kenroku-en Garden, one of Japan’s most revered landscaped gardens
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 29 meals (12 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners); gratuities to local guides, service charges, admission fees, taxes and porterage
What you need to know?
- Special Solo Traveller Savings – Save AUD $500 on the single room price of select departure dates
- Terms and conditions apply